A native Texan, Dr. Woods moved to Arizona in 2005. She completed a Masters of Public Health at the University of Texas Houston School of Public Health in 1997 and graduated from the University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio in 2002. She completed an Internal Medicine residency at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston in 2005. She has worked with Associated Internists since 2005, and sees patients in the clinic, nursing home and hospital settings. She lives in Ahwatukee with her husband, a native of Nebraska and her two young sons. Dr. Woods is a member of both the Ahwatukee Foothills Family YMCA Advisory Board and the President’s Club. She is a corporate sponsor of 100+ Women Who Care and volunteers regularly at Summit School of Ahwatukee.
PRIMARY SPECIALTY: Internal Medicine
University of Houston | Bachelors of Science – Biology | 1995
MEDICAL EDUCATION: University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio | 2002
GRADUATE SCHOOL EDUCATION: University of Texas School of Public Health at Houston | Masters of Public Health | 1997
University of Texas Medical School at Houston – Internal Medicine | 2005
IN PRACTICE SINCE: 2005
BOARD CERTIFICATIONS: American Board of Internal Medicine | 2005
- Best Medical Doctor | 2nd Place | Ahwatukee Foothills News Best of 2015
- Patients’ Choice Award (2011-2012, 2014-2015)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011-2012, 2014-2015)
- Bridges to Excellence Recognition | Physician Office Systems Recognition (2014-2016)
- NCQA Physician Practice Connections | Patient Centered Medical Home (2014-2017)
- On-Time Doctor Award (2014-2015)
- Best Medical Doctor | 1st Place | Ahwatukee Foothills News Best of 2016
Reversal of Glucose-Insulin-Potassium-Induced Hyperglycemia by Aggressive Insulin Treatment in Postoperative Heart Failure:
An Observational Study | 2004
Woods AA, Taegtmeyer, H. Cardiology
2004; 102(2): 82-8.
Metabolic Modulation as a Principle for Myocardial Protection | 2003
Taegtmeyer H, Woods AA. Current Hypertension Reports | 2003; 5(6): 443-4
4530 E Muirwood Dr.
Phoenix, AZ 85048